Stuck at work

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Danny
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Stuck at work

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:19 pm

So i work 3rd shift. It is the most boring shift you can possibly imagine. Even though i'm makin money i feel that i am really losing out on some quality gaming time. This if further complicated by the fact that i was denied financing by both dell and alienware for a laptop capable of running DAoC. So here i sit for 6 more hours with nothing to do but think that i could be lvl 40 by morning if only i wasn't here. I guess it wouldn't be so bad but i still don't have access to Mid/Lamo boads. VN here i come.
:leftfighter1: Dell and Alienware and Work
Broheim-Lvl somthingorother Ranger
You wanna knock my teeth out cop? Well try it because I don't have any teeth! (SMILES)-Some drunk guy I arrested.
http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:11 am

Work has slowed to a boredom grind for me lately, so I feel your pain. I've almost tossed myself out of my 3rd story window a couple of times.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Danny

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:28 am

HAHA a reply. Well at least someone feels my pain. Mind you i have one person to talk to here at night who only speaks broken english cuz she is from france. So any human communication is always appreciated.

You wanna knock my teeth out cop? Well try it because I don't have any teeth! (SMILES)-Some drunk guy I arrested.

Kirt
Ass Jammer

Postby Kirt » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:56 am

working from 8-pm/ 9-pm to 8am ftl ! QQ :(
Daoc - Devon cluster / killibury cluster

WoW - 60 warrior - 49 warlock

X- Cleric - http://members.cox.net/dsquared10/DAOCKIR.jpg

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:30 am

Your access is all set dan.

Lol @ Work.

Get drunk before you go in, that makes it entertaining sometimes.

I remember at 17 working 3rd shift as a night auditor for a hotel. I used to get lots of shut eye in the back room hehe....

Menagery
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Menagery » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:12 am

Get drunk before you go in, that makes it entertaining sometimes.

I remember at 17 working 3rd shift as a night auditor for a hotel. I used to get lots of shut eye in the back room hehe....

HMMMMMMMM I was his boss then. I was mesmerized by his good looks and let him do whatever he wanted cause he as so cute.

Actually it was the 2 foot stuffed bear holding a heart that he bought me that got me hooked. Yes this was before Ting became a crazed gamer.
Menagery Healadin on Boodhoof
Sattik The most awesome Boomkin EVER on Blackhand

DAOC - Menagery, Sattik, Mrsting, Tequiliarose, Longislandicetea, Cabanaboy, Snufulufugus, Kiefers, and so many more I lost count years ago

Seventhorn
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Seventhorn » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:35 am

Third shift I knew it well. For a while it seemed as if that was what I was deemed to do in life was work third shift.

Did it in Law Enforcement for the military and doing now for security job with a contractor. I actually enjoy third shift though and miss it now that I work a 7-3 job M-F.

Yes I said 7AM-3PM apparantly those are the hours our military bosses like so we work them. but I digress....third shift bro when working for LE i was working day shift at first and would recieve nothing but bullshit calls oh i ran into a deer, oh someone shoplifted from my store, oh go send a patrol to do traffic control for a major event blah blah you get the idea. But when I was working night shift I get things like this...oh i pulled over a drunk driver and guess what he is a high ranking officer (this was especially fun) or there is a fight at the base club and havoc ensued that was fun.

Anways I tend to not like the political aspect of my job and liked the down and dirty real work. Playing pretty and just sitting around to look good during day shift pissed me off on nights you deal with NO ONE except maybe your co-worker who half the time was asleep lol.

long post sorry.
Liader Ventura 49 level Cleric Holy Rollers Lamorak
Liader Ventura 50 level Skald BWC RR9 now
Sateo Corleone 50 level Shaman still a bot
Savaneh 50 level Spiritmaster
Akazuken on many servers just pimp on one.
Lets have a sexy party!!!

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:47 am

8am-5:40pm m-f. Image
'

I FUCKING HATE MY JOB!
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Danny

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:58 am

Well i appreciate all the replys i'm out of that prison at the moment but in another... Tech College. One more semester and i'll have my degree then i can finally get the job i want as a cop not some bullshit hotel security officer. God i hate being turkey bacon, i want to be real bacon. But then again the hotel i work at was the one the Tery Ratzman guy went on a shooting spree at and killed 8 or 9 people like a year ago. I like to go in that room at night and see if anything weird happens like objects levitating or my head suddenly spinning 360 degrees like a top. So far nothing. BTW seventhorn where r u a cop at. I got a job offer at a little podunk police department as a part time cop once i get my 60 creds and pass the 13 week academy. Unfortunatly i now have to withdraw from the army DEP program and i owe them like 5000 bucks. Man they are gonna be pissed at me.

Seventhorn
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Seventhorn » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:17 pm

I was a military cop with the Air Force. Security Forces they called us. Did both securtiy and law enforcment but more of the latter.

Good thing you got a job as a police on the outside. Im sure you owe them 5000 bucks because they gave you 5000 bucks for a bonus or some shit. In that case im sure the job at the Army was a shitty one cause they only offer bonuses to new people on shitty jobs and higher bonuses to the great jobs to retain them go figure.

It never works out though cause you can almost always make a ton more than the bonus would pay on the outside. Your better bet is to pay the army back their money and NOT join the military. Iraq is not fun atm.
Liader Ventura 49 level Cleric Holy Rollers Lamorak

Liader Ventura 50 level Skald BWC RR9 now

Sateo Corleone 50 level Shaman still a bot

Savaneh 50 level Spiritmaster

Akazuken on many servers just pimp on one.

Lets have a sexy party!!!

Adida
Ass Jammer

Postby Adida » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:24 pm

am i like the only one that actually kinda likes my job??????

i get any pre order kit, demo, free prima guides to old games, and sometimes some free games. Not only that first pick on anything traded in :) such as a wireless logitec ps2 controler for like 20 bux (normally 40 bux) so ya i love meh job and my coworkers ^_^

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:06 pm

lol, your job sounds an awful lot like mine Adida.

I need to research which old games are worth e-baying :)

I'm the boss tho and I pretty much hate all my employees.

Too bad corporate office frowns on public executions!

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:02 am

Law wrote:Work has slowed to a boredom grind for me lately, so I feel your pain. I've almost tossed myself out of my 3rd story window a couple of times.

I'm with you right there.
The message buck stops here.

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:48 am

I just got a job at Gamestop....pretty damn easy job especially since our store is not busy at all 8) I like it so far.

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:34 am

I'm stuck at work right now =(. I worked 12 hour days all week and doing another 12 hour day today... That makes this a 72 hour week.... GOD i wish i got paid overtime.... damn salaries
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Return to “Public Discussion”