Stanley Cup playoffs.

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Stanley Cup playoffs.

Postby TrollFunk » Mon May 03, 2010 5:41 am

Penguins vs Canadians: Series tied 1-1
Sharks vs Red Wings: Sharks lead 2-0
Canucks vs Black Hawks: Canucks lead 1-0
Bruins vs Flyers: Bruins lead 1-0

Advancement predictions:
Pens will take Habs in game 6 with atleast 1 more game going into overtime. Tho i would love the underdog to crush Sid the kid has they brought down Ovechkin and co in game 7. They managed to lock down Sidney Crosby in game 2 and he was nearly invisible on the ice.

Sharks will eat the Red Wings. Sharks seem way more physical in their close quarter play and from the reviews i've seen of their first playoff series. Howard looks good between the posts but Detroit defence seems unable to hold their marks and cover up shot returns. Joe Thorton's goal late in the game on a puck return with 3 or 4 red wings crawling around ontop of Howard was just priceless.

Am hoping Canucks go through. Last remaining team with a Dane on the roster(Jannik Hansen), and although that piece of shit is the reason why i don't play hockey anymore, i'm rooting for the Sedin brothers because they are freaking poison on ice. With Luongo between the posts and in top shape i think the canucks will pull clear and take it in 4 straight.

Marc Savard gave Boston a narrow victory in OT after the Flyers made the game even in 3rd period. Trailing almost the entire game by 2. Briere seems "flying" at the moment, aspecially after his 4-4 goal going between two defence men and scoring on his shot rebound. This is probably the hardest prediction, but im leaning towards Boston taking it in game 5, possibly 6.

Go Go Hockey!
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed May 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Go Flyers Go!

I'm an old Philly fan ... from ye good ole days of Clarke and Barber busting heads with the broad street bullies. Timmy Kerr, Prop, Eklund, Hextall the enter the new regimes ... then again that was the 80's.

Glad to see them going to the big show.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed May 26, 2010 6:02 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Phily win but I do not see how they can baring injury. Chicago is too deep and puts a ton of pressure on their opponents with 4 good lines. I think Phily will have to short their 4th line on minutes to have any chance.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

TrollFunk

Postby TrollFunk » Wed May 26, 2010 11:09 pm

I love it when my predictions just go up in smoke and i get pleasently surprised.

And yeah Twyst, Philly are in the hurt atm, Chicago are just strong has hell.

At this point i'd be happy if either team win. Chicago have played awesomely during their series and underdog philly's grand comeback against Bruins was fantastic.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

TrollFunk

Postby TrollFunk » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:18 am

So, who will take home the stanley cup?. Chicago took home the third victory in 5 games against the flyers and can end it at next game, but can the flyers double back and take the blackhawks in the rest of the series?...

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Phily played really well this post season and I was really impressed. Chicago just seemed to be too deep for everyone they played.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Public Discussion”