Jon Jones Video

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Jon Jones Video

Postby Twystyd » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:20 pm

The kid is vicious and the future of MMA. He's a fucking video game toon come to life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPWIPAXrkw8
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 am

Cool vid. Jones has potential, he hasn't been in any real trouble against any top 10ish light heavyweights so I have trouble saying he is "great". But someone will test his chin then we will know what's up.

And although i like some of his "varied striking" the only reason he is landing these odd strikes because he is notably faster than most of his opponents. The kid has a huge huge reach and a lot of speed, but in the LHW division fighters don't typically fight like that excuding Evans and Machida who do rely on speed a lot.
The schematic for top of the foodchain LHW nowadays is Thiago Silva/ Shogun fighting style. Smart, strong, defensive stand up coupled with really really strong strikes and a good groundgame. And the reason i say this is becasue those guys will knock you out when they eventually connect whereas the faster fighters generally will take a few rounds to pick their opponent apart.

I would like to see him tighten up his standup of eventually he will get knocked out by a knockout puncher with good wrestling i.e. 1/2 of the top 10 Light heavyweights.

Also on an unrelated note Stephen Bonner is again my favoite fighter atm because of his all around badassery. The dude is a warrior through and through. Also Leben will knockout Anderson silva sometime this year. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Pytt
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Pytt » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Hail to the glory of Rome!
Rolondo the Dog Faced Troll <merlin>
Pytt the Long Backed Dwarf <dark>
Rolondo Alazondo 4lyfe Ba-Giner
Snoopie 70 Gnome mage Dragonblight

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:20 pm

He's 23 and trains under Greg Jackson with one of the most well respected MMA camps in the world. He just destroyed Veras Mui Tai and an illegal up kick to his chin which he took like a boss. I agree he is probably not a top 10 atm but in the future I see him as a stronger, longer, faster version of Anderson Silva.

I like Leban a lot. He has always been a tough guy but he really starting to take conditioning seriously.

Bonner is another tough dude but has major athleticism limits and will likely always be a gate keeper. He is fun as hell to watch and always seems to be down to take some abuse. Jones beat the living shit out of him and he kept coming for more.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Public Discussion”