UFC on Versus 2: Jones vs. Matyushenko Predictions

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

UFC on Versus 2: Jones vs. Matyushenko Predictions

Postby Twystyd » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:56 pm

http://twitpic.com/2ajq0w
Jon Jones vs. Vladimir Matyushenko

I don't like certain things Jones does when he throws punches. His kicks are really sharp and he throws them from a distance that doesn't allow for him to be countered, but I think a sharp striker could counter his punches. That being said he's way too fast and long for Matyushenko. Barring some sort of fluke ending I don't see any way Jones loses here. Jon Jones by TKO, round 2.

Yushin Okami vs. Mark Munoz

One might point to the Sonnen fight as a blueprint for Munoz, but it's important to note that Okami was fresh off a torn knee ligament in that fight. I expect the typical Okami counterfest. Yushin Okami by decision.

Takanori Gomi vs. Tyson Griffin

Griffin is a tougher fight than Stevenson imho. Plus after seeing Gomi vs. Florian, I don't see it any other way than Griffin by decision.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:42 am

Nice call on the Jones fight Twyst he outclassed the janitor by a long shot. He needs to fight someone in the top 5 imo. I had to look at the vera fight again to see that upkick again and your right that upkick was a hard fight he took well.

LoL Gomi throws punches like he's swinging a tennis racket. If that guy could ever figure out what cardio is he could be a contender. I thought he was gonna gas by the end of the first then bam right hook from hell.
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:33 am

Elfdroper Gravelender wrote:LoL Gomi throws punches like he's swinging a tennis racket.

Haha, so true bro. Yea Jones always impresses me. He's a fucking savage. I really enjoyed that Ellenberger vs. Howard match. He had remarkable control over a tough fighter. Howards busted eye was as ugly as I have ever seen.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/01/jake-ellenberger-batters-john-howards-eye-wins-by-tko/
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Public Discussion”