Myths Domination of Merlin Server

BWC announcements and broadcasts.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Myths Domination of Merlin Server

Postby Twystyd » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm

With BWC existing in a state of hibernation for years now I have found myself lacking any content or thoughts to articulate a thread worth the the Guild News forum. That is until our friend Tingtong pointed me to a thread about Myth guild from Merlin DAoC ramping and raving about their glory years picking up the scraps off our table...I mean dominating the Merlin realm. Here is a few of the juicy gold nuggets of comedy I ran across on their boards.
We look forward to dominating our server on warhammer like we dominated merlin server in DAOC.

Here is a thread from actual Merlin players discussing the most feared guilds in DAoC history and Myth is shamelessly snubbed in the conversation. BTW BWC was named over and over <3 to the VN community.

Myth was the leader of the Midgard realm on the merlin server and who people went to when there were problems anywhere in the realm. Drutt, our founding guildmaster had a role that was basically the Father or Elder of the realm. He set down principles and guidelines and created the strongest alliance in the history of the game. Following the success of Myth as a guild and an Alliance, many other alliances came to adopt at least some of the basic policies of Myth. There are few old-school Daoc players that do not know the Myth name.

Again I feel it is my duty to strip the illusion from this untruth it conceals. After a 2 year head start on RP's BWC took the top spot on Mid Merlin somewhere around Nov. 2k3. On an alliance scale they were able to crack the top 10 which is fairly lofty at least once shown in this Shock and Awe thread.

Myth has always led by setting an example for others to follow. We have always been able to compete with these elitist guilds and accomplish the same kinds of things they do by having strong bonds within the community.

Ahh for this I need only bring up the infamous words of their GM a man I simply refer to as The Pillar or Morality. Heres a little remix of the Drutt MP3 drunking ramblings - http://www.barbos.net/stuff/Druttremix.mp3

Obviously most people wont know wtf Myth is but to the Merlin community they are infamous. Of course their rare popularity has less to do with in game performance and more to do with the words of their GM Drutt after a 1 pack of Zima then they would like people to believe. BTW, I choose to believe our thank you cards were all lost in the mail and to Myth, as a representative of BWC, let me to be the first to say it was all our pleasure fellas. To those that do not know Myth here is a little background.

This was written by Joshll in 2004 and can be found here.

Ok, 2 years condensed. (I'm listening to Drutts full 45 min rant so I've got time to type)

Andred happened, mass exodus, most of the powerRVR'rs leave and Mid Merlin was weak. Beyond weak. We were outnumbered 2:1 most nights by both realms. Hibernia which had been getting it's ass kicked for so long by Combine/PRX/Conquest stays on the server and becomes dominant. Albs were always like cockroaches anyway.

A little known guy named Drutt forms Myth. The homeland defense RVR oriented people join that guild. We are consistently outnumbered huge, but we try. Drutt becomes the leader of the zerg. To his credit, he was pretty good at gathering a zerg, and rallying the casual players. Of course this meant the Drutt lead zerg was usually undisciplined and stupid, but it had it's purpose. Myth made it's name in homeland defense. Later in the fall, when Mids started trickling back in we got enough numbers to hit the other realms. Drutt lead many relic raids, and while not a very good tactician, he was persistent. By winter of that year, Mid was back on top and Drutt had lead most of the relic raids.

At one point on VN Drutt was proclaimed "King of Midgard" by hibs, and when laughingly accepted the title, it would come back to haunt him forever.

November/December of that year, BWC returns from Andred with COE friends. Gundorf was fun to RVR with, and actually knows how to do less with more rather than just megazerg so most of the hardcore RVR people gradually leave Myth and join BWC. This infuriates Drutt as he likes to give orders and if you don't jump when he says, then you are a "Piece of Shit BAD PERSON". Furthermore, Gundorf is a big time smartass and the lack of respect turns Drutts hate into an obsession. Meanwhile, more Myth officers bail on him to go to BWC. Myth's RVR status declines. Drutt becomes paranoid thinking it was all a BWC plot to make his life hell. Seriously, the guy is psychotic.

And here we are today. The man who so prided himself on helping to rebuild mid merlin is now the biggest drama queen.

But mids are still on top, and we still have some fun. I hope Frontiers injects some freshness into daoc though, I'm tired of same old. Unfortunately, every new MMORPG seems to be going after EQ rather than DAOC RVR. :/
Last edited by Twystyd on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Adida
Ass Jammer

Postby Adida » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:31 pm

My favorite quote

-At this time we are only taking ex-daoc players

what real ex-daoc player would join that guild after the whole incident?

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Re: Myths Domination of Merlin Server

Postby Sirion » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Twystyd wrote:This was written by Joshll in 2004 and can be found here.

Ok, 2 years condensed. (I'm listening to Drutts full 45 min rant so I've got time to type)

Andred happened, mass exodus, most of the powerRVR'rs leave and Mid Merlin was weak. Beyond weak. We were outnumbered 2:1 most nights by both realms. Hibernia which had been getting it's ass kicked for so long by Combine/PRX/Conquest stays on the server and becomes dominant. Albs were always like cockroaches anyway.

A little known guy named Drutt forms Myth. The homeland defense RVR oriented people join that guild. We are consistently outnumbered huge, but we try. Drutt becomes the leader of the zerg. To his credit, he was pretty good at gathering a zerg, and rallying the casual players. Of course this meant the Drutt lead zerg was usually undisciplined and stupid, but it had it's purpose. Myth made it's name in homeland defense. Later in the fall, when Mids started trickling back in we got enough numbers to hit the other realms. Drutt lead many relic raids, and while not a very good tactician, he was persistent. By winter of that year, Mid was back on top and Drutt had lead most of the relic raids.

At one point on VN Drutt was proclaimed "King of Midgard" by hibs, and when laughingly accepted the title, it would come back to haunt him forever.

November/December of that year, BWC returns from Andred with COE friends. Gundorf was fun to RVR with, and actually knows how to do less with more rather than just megazerg so most of the hardcore RVR people gradually leave Myth and join BWC. This infuriates Drutt as he likes to give orders and if you don't jump when he says, then you are a "Piece of Shit BAD PERSON". Furthermore, Gundorf is a big time smartass and the lack of respect turns Drutts hate into an obsession. Meanwhile, more Myth officers bail on him to go to BWC. Myth's RVR status declines. Drutt becomes paranoid thinking it was all a BWC plot to make his life hell. Seriously, the guy is psychotic.

And here we are today. The man who so prided himself on helping to rebuild mid merlin is now the biggest drama queen.

But mids are still on top, and we still have some fun. I hope Frontiers injects some freshness into daoc though, I'm tired of same old. Unfortunately, every new MMORPG seems to be going after EQ rather than DAOC RVR. :/

Ah, a page right our of my life's history. You sir, take me back to days of yelling at Drutt on his own officer forums (his webmaster, the eventual founder of Redux wouldn't take my privs from the forums) for flying off the handle like a moron long after I left his guild for BWC. Good times my friend, good times. I actually ran into some Redux people on a BG a few months back. I sure do miss the golden days ;/
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:09 pm

Will never forget that day the infamous Drutt tape appear....i think in the terms of the MMO community its scale could be compared to that of Clintons Sex scandel or perhaps Watergate.

I remember being in Redux after my old guild quit and it was fun to here them bitch and moan about Drutt and his upfront paranoia to just about anything going on when it came to RvR.

GG Mr. Zergmeister.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:02 am

:toothy10: Ahh MErlin how I miss ye. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:15 pm

The original was so much better, than the remix. FUCK BWC FUCK GUNDORF FUCK BWC. Sigh in the remix we arent even mentioned.

Sadly the glory days are just that, BWC will never ever be the force it once was. Well maybe if the new crop of games doesnt suck but I dont see that happening.

Although it would be nice rolling with The Saucy Harlot, and Kimmeh laying waste to son bitches, to the point where the blood of there children will flow among the streets like wine!.

:(
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:09 pm

The original was so much better, than the remix

I could not agree more. I actually had the original in the thread but Barbos has some deep seeded fear of Granz and asked me to remove it.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:01 pm

deep seeded fear of Granz? No, that's not what or why I asked. I didn't edit it, you did. :onfire:

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:05 pm

barbos wrote:deep seeded fear of Granz? No, that's not what or why I asked. I didn't edit it, you did. :onfire:

It's all good man whatever the reason is. I just agree the original version rocks :bigups:

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:15 am

I really can't believe this shit is still being talked about lol. We steam rolled Myth out of the history books, everyone was on BWC's balls and Myth was an after though.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Cuz we where nice like that.
[glow=blue]

A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject

and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Granz
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Granz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Hmmmm… I come by here every once in a while to see what is happening but seldom post anything. But I have to post on this topic. :P Truthfully it gives me a chuckle whenever I see this topic posted on VN of how miss informed people are about the “famous Drutt incident”. Basically Myth never “split up” because of BWC. The starting argument was because members of Myth where defending BWC and their actions for the night. Not because BWC was complied of a bunch of angels and we all supported what BWC did and it needed defending. No… Simply because you guys didn’t do anything wrong. Also the argument was because Drutt and the group of Myth got wasted by like 3 albs earlier in the night. Drutt was drunk and pissed and wanted to blame it on the healer as well as the group for not assisting. Of course he didn’t take any responsibility for the wipe at all and brow beat one of the officers until he logged. Myth split up because I had enough listening to this guy get shit faced and treat people like crap in either posts, tells, the forums or on my Vent server. I purposely didn’t connect to the vent server until the very end of it all. I just listened knowing Drutt would race right to VN and try to make me look like an asshole if Myth didn’t survive while he flipped out like a madman. Which happened anyway because the recording got posted by BWC… Sorry guys I know it has been a long time and I still to this day hesitate to speak my mind about this dumb thing. But the only thing BWC “owned” or “accomplished” with the Drutt recording was me and my wife mostly. It successfully made me look like an asshole that posted a private vent conversation to make poor old Drutt look bad. But the remix was funny now that I listen to it.

Drutting yelling in to his mic for me to go suck Gundorfs dick was fine. Hey we have all said dumb shit from time to time. But when he told Obby (A girl with cancer in the guild.) and my wife to “suck his fucking dick”. That was enough. Myth split up because I said enough is enough. Main GM of Myth or not… The great Myth or not. Drutts super leadership or not. It was time for me to say fuck you Drutt. And I did… 70+ people left Myth in 24 hours and joined Redux. 3 GM’s and all the officers. A lot of them are still in Redux 4 years later. Not to mention 7 guilds and another 8 in Elmos alliance that where old Myth alliance joined Redux. Sound like I am tooting my own horn? Yeah I am… Was Myth “wiped out of history books by BWC?” No Myth was wiped from nowhere. If anything Myth received its final blow by me and 70 other people that finished Myth. Not to mention the others that helped Myth be what it was. Myth would still have some of the same cast of people if I never got pissed and made Redux. Did I do it on purpose? No… I tried to stay away because I knew he was drunk. Drutt was always normal in the morning and afternoon. I could talk to him and get him to think straight. My wife connected to the Vent server because everyone was sending her tells saying he was losing his shit. And the rest is history once I connected to Vent.

But anyway it cracks me up to see them post on their web site on how they “owned Merlin”. They? Who is they? And how the rules and structure I brought into and wrote for Myth is so great and how they did it. What 3 or 4 of them owned Merlin? Maybe 5 of them that where names in Myth that are in there now that logged on a month later and never had me talk to them? No I think the 70+ in Redux and the Joshll’s, Crip’s, Sirion’s and the others that “owned” Merlin with Myth in the day. Am I saying Drutt didn’t do a good job with Myth? No I am not… Drutt had good leadership abilities and had good people hell a lot of them went to BWC so you guys know. Drutt was a hell of a lot of fun most of the time and we all had a blast. If you don’t think so? And think I am full of shit then you where never in Myth for any time.

Am I taking away from BWC their great job on Merlin? Nope! I never would do that. Did I hate BWC? Nope! Law and Gundorf can tell ya I talked with them all the time. Was BWC a more talented guild then Myth? Of course I would be a fool to disagree with that! But Myth was no flash in the pan in this game. They had their time and had a huge impact on the game and the server and created a lot of fun that none of us will ever be able to recreate. We all created a lot of fun in DAoC that we will never be able to recreate no matter what game comes out. Not in Warhammer not in Conan not in anything will any of us have the fun we had on Merlin in DAoC. But to my own dismay I didn’t listen to Crip or Sirion when they told me I am wasting my time with good old Drutt. I thought I could tame the beast and I couldn’t. Problem is the beast ran on “Jack Daniels” and “cigarettes” and not on reason. I wanted Drutt to ignore it when you guys called him out on VN. He wouldn’t… I wanted him to just play a game.

BTW Gun and Barbos removed the recording because I asked them to. Drutt had some lawyer bitch threatening me and writing me emails with a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo that she was going to help Drutt sue me for deformation of character for posting a private recording to the public. I shouldn’t have ever given the recording to Deemun who was in BWC but originally a Myth member and friend that I got pissed at on day and kicked out. Now because the recording was posted by you guys I took a shit storm. My wife too because of it. She got tells for weeks calling her a “bitch” and a “whore” from random people I didn’t even know or people I didn’t even think liked Drutt. Anyway that’s why Barbos pulled the recording at my request. There was no fear of me I told those guys what was going on. It was the most fucked up thing I ever experienced in a online game. I experienced a true moment of online fame and it got twisted like I had done something wrong. I will never do it again. And since then I have run my guild quietly and not mixed with the community much.

Don’t get me wrong guys. I would love to see the day BWC and Redux had the laughs we all had with DAoC in another game but sadly I think we are all older now and don’t have it in us. I know I don’t. Sorry for the long post but with the whole topic I couldn’t resist setting the record straight on my end of the whole saga. Glad those days are over for sure…

"You will take my weapon only when you peel it from my cold dead fingers!"
- Granz
* Granz 51 Shaman *DOAC* (Merlin) (Redux)
* Znarg 50 Shadowblade *DAOC* (Merlin) (Redux)
* Granz 70 Shaman *WoW* (Bleeding Hollow) (Redux)

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:14 pm

ahhh the good ole days of mmos
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Drutt had some lawyer bitch threatening me and writing me emails with a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo that she was going to help Drutt sue me for deformation of character for posting a private recording to the public.

I could be wrong here (long time ago) but he was speaking on your vent correct? You can record anything you want. You folded to a bluff imo. The entire immature board community would be in a lot of trouble if you could sue someone over gaming deformation. Hell if that was the case I'm sure Beratuul would be in prison happily requesting well endowed cell mates.

Trust me the entertainment value for all of us is well worth a few names being called, it just sucks you and your old lady had to take one for the team. We made Druut famous and he should be happy with that. It's gone down as MMO legend and he would have never had that chance at any other time.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:21 pm

Herro2uGranz! I'm always up for a bit of the ol' drama, even in my old age ;D
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Return to “BWC Guild News”