So who's still in?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

So who's still in?

Postby Augomatic » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:55 am

So is anyone still playing Alb Lamo?

This weekend, I think the top amount of people logged in were 4. No one is even logging on to check to see if groups are going.

I realize it was a holiday weekend, and lots of people were probably out enjoying that, but even last week things were somewhat sparse.

To make it worse, things have cliqued up on the server. People aren't pugging as much anymore, and if they are, its only typically with people they know. I've gotten some good groups off peak hours, but the last few times I've tried at prime time, the only groups I can get have sub-50's in them, and like 3 earth wizards and retarded things like that.

To top it off, it looks like more people from the guild are heading back to the ToA servers.

I'll try and log on this week, but if we don't get consistant RvR going, thats it for me. I'm not trying to tell people off, if you have stuff to do, you have stuff to do, but it just doesn't look like we have the critical mass to keep going. For me the "fun" in DAoC is running with a guild, and thats happened I think 2 times for me since we started, which is a pretty low "grind to fun" ratio imo.

It just seems to be an endless cycle of "just wait 2 weeks".

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:11 pm

Niko and I are still playing. I RvR'd for 7 hours on Friday and made like 40k rps. Was a pretty busy weekend for us, so didnt get to play much. I've been on at nights playing Zoid and PLeveling Phyllobates (Hyla from BWC Mid).

The PUG's I've been in have been in groups of people I've played with before and were pretty well run and most everyone was in Vent.

Heading back to a ToA Server is not an option for Jen and I as we are ML0 on every level 50 we have. Im not dealing with ToA.
Cthulhu - 50 ML6 - Shadowblade - Merlin (Un-Retired)
Cliibhlibh - 50 ML6 - Shaman - Merlin(Ya I actually RvR with him)
Nosthu - 50 ML3 - Zerk - Merlin
Mosthula - 50 - Minstrel - Albion Lamorak (Retired)
Mosthula - 50 - Lurikeen Champ - Mordred (Retired)

Xarkon
Ass Jammer

Postby Xarkon » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:23 pm

i am here just busy this week since school started will be on in full force come friday night
To Many Xark's to count

Joshll
Donkey Fucker

Postby Joshll » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:40 pm

imo, the Holy Rollers are dead. Not enough critical mass to keep it going. We can debate the why's, but the bottom line is we never had enough people ready to RVR together at any point in time. A guild can have some casual players, but a small guild cannot all be casual.

I'll ding Zuse R5 this week, and not sure what I will do after that. I really think the classic servers are the right thing, when I log onto my ML10, R9L7, 10 artifact shaman, it's just too many toys. A huge friggin armsrace of iwin's. The classic servers are simpler.

If you find a better guild Hloden, my advice is to join it. You'll always be part of us, so I for one would not take it as any affront or betrayal to the rest of us. Just as we all have an obligation to the guild, the reverse is true as well. And if the guild isn't giving you what you need for a fun time, then maybe there is another hardcore one that will. Please don't take that wrong, I'm not trying to get rid of you, I'm just agreeing that the "critical mass" just isn't there.

I may do the same. If goofball Hall hadn't named us the Holy Rollers it would have been hard for me to deguild BWC, but not so sure I feel the same about the HR tag. Then again, I may stay HR forever, and just get a good group of gank group friends.
retired

Tinypunch
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Tinypunch » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:04 pm

For me this had been first weekend where i haven't been on every day. I will not change servers so i will be on this server almost all day as usual unless something comes up.

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:31 pm

I won't be leaving for another guild. The only reason I came to Lamo was to play with an organized guild with people that I knew, even if we were planning to be casual. Cleric is somewhat boring, but I picked it because I thought we were going to have a shortage, and without the guild, I have no plans on playing it.

Not sure why so many people levelled to 50 and just stopped. We had 16-20 people on levelling during the first few weeks and now 75% of that has disappeared. Maybe people didn't find DAoC as fun as they remembered, who knows.

I'm a bit disappointed I spent as much time as I did levelling to 50, PLing people, and farming gear for people, as well as getting the SC to LGM, but lesson learned I guess.

Not playing much of anything besides chasing around the baby.

Seventhorn
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Seventhorn » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 pm

Augo,
Althought I feel your pain brother. I have been casaul since my wife and family moved up with me which is a good thing. I try to play as much as I can but when I have limited time and I do mean limited time then I literally want to log in get in a rvr group and kill some people.

Lamorak was constant pain the ass for me and ill tell you why.

1. Im not hardcore so I never could keep up with the main core group that got to 50. Nor could I get a group with them as they pretty much PLved themselves to 50. There was the occasionally time that I could get into a group but that was rare at best.

2. Lamorak pvp sucked always getting wiped because of inferior classes is not fun at all. Playing a boring cleric is not fun without an uber guild to back them up.

3. Once alot of the core got to 50 they pretty much called it quits. IMO if your going to talk up a storm and not produce then dont talk up a storm at all. BWC on mid is still going strong cause of new blood we never did new blood because some were hesitate to do so.... which is just dumb.

4. I myself got plved just like everyone else did with that bug that was in the instance dungeon and then i got booted out for another guildy which was fine but when that bug was over I never got pled again. I have shit gear and didnt get much help from anyone so I dont know who you plved but im sorry you did because its not that hard to level solo in this game at all.

Bottom line is I wish I we were like BWC on merlin on this server but it was doomed from the start with this split realms thing so eh...

Augo your a good guy I will see you again bro and never change.
Liader Ventura 49 level Cleric Holy Rollers Lamorak
Liader Ventura 50 level Skald BWC RR9 now
Sateo Corleone 50 level Shaman still a bot
Savaneh 50 level Spiritmaster
Akazuken on many servers just pimp on one.
Lets have a sexy party!!!

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:03 pm

Yeah it's pretty much over it seems, I suggest we just merge with another guild with not too many people. I just think we went into this too disorganized and maybe relied too much on the fact that we would all play casually. 1/2 way through the leveling we realized that this was just gonna be a huge ass competition in which we couldn't compete regularly.

I plan on sticking with it for awhile longer so weather we decide to join a new guild or not makes no difference to me.
Kandar/Hamback

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:35 pm

Augomatic wrote:Not sure why so many people levelled to 50 and just stopped. We had 16-20 people on levelling during the first few weeks and now 75% of that has disappeared. Maybe people didn't find DAoC as fun as they remembered, who knows.

As far as I go, school started. Sorry, I waited for a little over a month for people to get into the mid-fourties and want to RvR, and now I just don't have the time required to log in, wait for thirty minutes to get a group, then wait for thirty minutes while everyone rallies, then look for a fight for 10 minutes before getting steamrolled by 300 Mids. Then doing it all over again when someone disbands. It was fun getting to play with everyone again, and my account is still active, so when/if the homework lets up, then I'll try to log in, but I can't make guarentees about times and whatnot, and because of that I'm always going to be behind on the groupability, which leaves me wanting to log in less. What can I say, I guess this semester I'm just putting RL ahead of being a power gamer. With any luck, I will be able to play more as the semester moves on, if nothing else, for winter break or something.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:01 pm

You'll always be part of us, so I for one would not take it as any affront or betrayal to the rest of us.

No doubt.

FYI Augo, Ting is going through the same thing on Mid. He's feeling a bit upset PLing so many people that do not play.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:53 am

Well, upset is a bad word. I'm not trying to make people play that don't, just wanted to gauge where people are as far as the server goes.

RL always comes first, and if you don't want to play, you don't want to play. It is just a game. And I didn't really PL THAT many people.

Not playing much of anything besides chasing around the baby.

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:27 am

Personally Im fine with just a small guild even if we have to do PUG's 99% of the time.

If we do start thinking about going to other guilds, lets do it to the same guild and just merge into them as a whole. I dont want to split up. If we do start talking about that, I recomend Unified Theory. I've RvR'd with them more than a few times on Ventrillo and like the way they run and work together.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:51 am

:mrgreen: I'ts like every time i get close to 50 everyone leaves lol. Same thing happened on Mord.

Ahh well I'll be playing here for awhile because I enjoy the challenge of underpopulated alb and can't stand the TOA crap that turned this game into poop. I don't have the time for it and would rather win a fight by skill as opposed to my Sphere of Abnormal Teriaky Sauce that makes my toon sparkle like a fairie on crack.

I have a request though...make those who are staying GM's or at least able to invite so we can keep the guild running. :mrgreen:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:36 pm

Elfdroper Gravelender wrote::mrgreen: I don't have the time for it and would rather win a fight by skill as opposed to my Sphere of Abnormal Teriaky Sauce that makes my toon sparkle like a fairie on crack. :mrgreen:

Classic!

Psychotix
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Psychotix » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:10 pm

That's the whole thing about Pl'ing poeple. Yea its great if you can help someone out but theres no guarentie these poeple are going to stay ... it's not like they even put as much effort to get him where he is so it's not that hard just to drop him because you dont want to play as much anymore.

Like when poeple roll on a new server, there is that brand new feeling so you play alot because of that BUT you know that its not going to be like that forever and that " new car smell" is just going to disapear.

pretty much what I'm trying to say is that PL doesn't help anyone unless you;ve already established yourself on the new server.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”