PS3 or?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

PS3 or?

Postby Zoidmeister » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:25 pm

I'm a total console newb but given a a long PC game dry spell I'm thinking of picking up a 360 or PS3.

I "hear" a lot of titles are going to be late for the PS3 but that's about all I know. Graphics wise I have no idea now the two compare.

Any links to info appreciated.

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:19 pm

avoid 360.

avoid ps3.

avoid wii.

wait til they been out for atleast a year + just to get a feel of which is actually producing some solid games.

recall the first year of the DS.. he had nothing, then year 2, is was boom!

recall year 1 of the ps1/2, amazing lauch titles.

recall year 1 of the xbox/360.. the only games they still have going for it is halo. and there isn't even a halo on the 360 yet.

so, for the best bet, the wii will be amazing in a year.. the ps3 will be amazing from the start, but at 600+ bucks, is it really worth it?
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:41 pm

get a wii or a 360 ... unless you really want blu ray then get the ps3. the ps3 only makes sense if you want some hot blu ray action. Unfortunately the titles for the 360 have been less than stellar. On the other hand most games that were ported from the 360 to the ps3 will be just as bad. (thank you cell architecture) I gaurantee that the titles developed by sony studios such as killzone are going to be insane because they were engineered from the top down with cell architecture in mind. its extremely hard to for an average engineer to get a grip on ps3 development because it is so foriegn to them. hell game engineers are just beginning to use threads (thanks to dual core machines and such) wow that was a rant
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:24 am

thanks guys ... guess I will wait out the console wars. Threading hmmm maybe I should get into game coding as I was fixing JVM and kernel thread bugs in the early releases of Solaris (@Sun Micro) :)

Hopefully we get into guild beta of an upcoming game soon ... hint hint hint hint hint hint Law!!!!

Fardomar
Incompetent To0l

Postby Fardomar » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:02 pm

Guild BETA for Warhammer would be nice.

Law can you be bribed?

And if so, how much??

:)

Danny
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Danny » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:44 am

yeah beta on Warhammer would be the TITS
Broheim-Lvl somthingorother Ranger
You wanna knock my teeth out cop? Well try it because I don't have any teeth! (SMILES)-Some drunk guy I arrested.
http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:14 pm

when does beta start for warhammer?
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:24 pm

Nilbert500 wrote:when does beta start for warhammer?

Internal alpha just started and there is no date set for EA/Mythic to expand atm.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:36 pm

I am real close to buy a xbox 360. I am getting offers for my xbox and games so it will reduce the cost my purchase.

I played gears of wars 2 days ago and its really nice, I did not want to go to sleep and keep playing.

The sports game are incredible, NHL 2007 is beautifull.

I am not a big fan of PS, but the wii is different and does intrigue me a bit.
Hulk Smash, Troll Warrior 50
Lamorak

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:15 am

Let the games decide for you.

I have 0 interest in the majority of the Xbox 360 (or original Xbox for that mater) titles. I hate playing FPS's on the console, that's what a PC is for. That about eliminates Xbox exclusives.

I am a big RPG fan, so Playstation and Wii are the choices. I'll end up with both I'm sure.

For PS2 vs Gamecube vs Xbox, it was easy. Only games that interested me on Xbox were also released on the PC. Gamecube ended up 100$, so I had both the ps2 and it, and loved it. Sports titles this time around (and edge Xbox had) will be a neutral decision between 360 and ps3, except that ps3's network is free.

PS3 has some awesome games coming out for it, but given the low # of units out, no point in worrying about it. Like someone said, give it some time before you buy one.

If you like RPG's, pick up a used PS2 for cheap and pick up one of the hundreds of titles out there. If you want some old time nostalgia, or have some party oriented games, pick up a Gamecube. If you like FPS's and sport titles played online, pick up an XBox.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:23 am

i currently own a wii (check my picture gallary!) it's a debug kit, so it handles bookleg wii games. it's also buggy as hell, and forces the life out of me.

can only lpay it for liek 20 mins at a time, becuase i'm so out of shape.
DAOC-SOLD

Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)

WOW-SOLD

Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Danny
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Danny » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:23 am

I'm seriously looking at a Wii purcase. It is so much cheaper then the PS3 and the controllers are extremly innovative. Using that controller would make a tennis game seem fun. Oh wait its the video on the Wii website of the hot asian chick that makes tennis game seem fun

http://us.wii.com/viewer.jsp?vid=8

But the Wii still looks cool.
Broheim-Lvl somthingorother Ranger

You wanna knock my teeth out cop? Well try it because I don't have any teeth! (SMILES)-Some drunk guy I arrested.

http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:31 am

Will be getting a Xbox 360 this christmas hopefully.

And for you people hating playing RTS and FPS games on a console...

http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_xfps_360.htm

Now bow down and give praise, oh and while you're down there, blow me.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:15 pm

I want to buy a Wii but cant find one.

Tuesday I went to bestbuy and there were 20 in stock, I must have been number 25, crap.
Hulk Smash, Troll Warrior 50

Lamorak

Return to “Gaming Discussion”