Karazhan

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Karazhan

Postby Twystyd » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:25 am

I know it's been done before but we put down Attumen the Huntsman, Maiden of Virtue and Rokad the Ravager Friday evening. Attempting Moroes and The Curator today.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:06 pm

Done w/Huntsman/Moroes/Maiden
The message buck stops here.

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:17 pm

We got all the way to the Chess event except we skipped Netherspite. Btw don't play the chess event again after you beat it cause it bugs out and perma silences the game room so you can't heal for the next trash :blush:
Kandar/Hamback

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:29 am

Nice guys, keep it up. We just finished Moroes and The Curator today as planned. I pulled the shameless GM card today and got my T4 gloves, yay. ATM were a little behind the alliance on our server. I believe Dark Nemisis and Fury of War the two Naxx clearing guilds are on Nightbane. Horde side were #3 to kill The Curator.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:23 am

just got my 70 Horde Pally Keyed for Karazhan :D

Raiding starts Tuesday. Should be fun!

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:01 pm

Done w/Huntsman/Moroes/Maiden/Romeo&Juliet -other Opera/Curator...now onward to shade of Aran.

Yesterday was a bitch cuz Mug'Thol server hardware sucks...all the instances crashed and re-popped all the trash (sans bosses).

One of our warriors got their t4 gloves...

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:39 pm

Yeah we had some shit ass luck on the Prince. There's some retarded bug where if you wipe in phase 2, if you start over he'll have the same insane damage output that he had in phase 2, so he was crushing me for like 8k on the pull in tank gear :/. The only way to fix it was to soft reset the instance so basically every wipe we had to wait 30 minutes for the instance to reset and re-clear all the trash over and over again. We finally potted pretty heavily and were able to kill him and I got a piece of tier 4 :P
Kandar/Hamback

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Are you in Death Wish, Kandar?

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:32 pm

Nah i'm in a guild with some people from BH, Toxy/Draughluin/Primalfear/Zeratul and a couple of others.
Kandar/Hamback

Amit
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Amit » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:50 pm

well i havent even been to karazhan but i got my purple arena gloves this week :)

TrollFunk

Postby TrollFunk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:59 pm

Curator is being a bitch, he simply won't drop.

Law, what grps setup are you running when doin' him?. And what means are you using to combat those fucking annoying flares?.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:27 am

We almost always run (we still don't have a 70 Paly) -

Prot War
Feral Druid
DPS War

Mage
Warlock
Hunter

Priest
Priest
Shadow Priest
Resto Shaman

The first thing you should know is hes mainly a gear check encounter. We keep the MT and Druid the Curator at all times while the rest of the DPS burns down the flares. When Curator goes into a mana regeneration state your raid should kill all available Flares and quickly focus DPS on Curator until he regenerates his mana. Pretty much rinse and repeat until he enrages at 10-15%. At that point the flares stop and all DPS can burn him down. When an add spawns all DPS should be on them or you will quickly get overran by them. There are several spots in the room where ranged DPS can bolt and LOS hide in case they draw attention to themselves. When we have been ranged heavy we will keep a mage or warlock bolting the entire fight. When the Curator goes into Mana regeneration state, have your priests use their Shadow Fiends. This should fully rejuvenate your priest’s mana pool if done properly.

TrollFunk

Postby TrollFunk » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:01 am

Cheers mate!.

We downed Maiden of Virtue and Wizard of Oz encounters at first try last night so we'll be going through the whole dungeon tomorrow and hopefully have Curator in our sights again by friday :)

Will letcha know how it goes. :)
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:51 am

Fucking hate kara,

Moroes is cake
Maiden is cake
Big Bad Wolf owns
Romero and juliet is annoying but now cake
Curerator is fun
Shadw of Aran is a cunt
Horse guy is cake
Prince is cake unless those faggot elementals fly ontop of you.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

TrollFunk

Postby TrollFunk » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:31 pm

My 7900GT fried out friday, so guild wasn't able to get replacement for the weekend, atleast not an experienced replacement so we've posponed Curator an entire week to get people Revered with the several factions and get stuff for puts and lacking enchants. Should tilt in our favor the next time we face Curator. Best try so far is us getting him to 3% ><...

And yes, Kara is shit. So far the only fun encounter i've experienced was the Wizard of Oz. Moroes is probably the most annoying encounter with Maiden being the easiest one. Mightnight and co. is still shady on whether its cake or not since we're rotating warriors to get some experience on their shoulders so we might wipe once or twice before the warriors nail the encounter and then things just go downhill from there.

This weeks project: Getting Whitemend Leggings. (oh the farming horror!).

Fucking hate primals....

Return to “Gaming Discussion”