LOTRO

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

LOTRO

Postby Nilbert500 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:30 am

Anyone playing the open beta now? I'm casually playing on Elendilmir, name is Nilbert.
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Gorilla
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Gorilla » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:42 pm

i thought it was europe only?
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:37 pm

no, U.S. is up and running.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:54 am

Played closed beta for over a month. Game does have a nice casual feel about it but after about a month I slipped into boredom. I will probably pass on this title unless I get desperate for a fix.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:44 am

The game is fun at first (I think because it just something to do thats different) but after a while the quest system gets old fast. The mob design is horrible, the way you walk and move in the game is like a mix between daoc with a eq2ish combat system. I didn't bother crafting but I did level to 30 or 40. I see no end game raiding nor a fun combat system. Unless your a sucker for a crappy pve game like l2, horizons, FFXI, SWG this game is for YOU!

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:21 pm

I'll be playing on elendilmir till about September so send me a tell if anyone tries it out.

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Thu May 10, 2007 11:25 am

Adida and I sucked it up and bought LOTRO. We picked elendilmir too. My name is Supreem and Chrissy's is Adida (big suprise)
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Candide

Postby Candide » Mon May 14, 2007 11:12 am

so how is it?
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:41 pm

it's a good relaxing game to play. Enjoyable to level up, classes are pretty fun, graphics are nice. Whether or not end game will keep people around, I'm not sure. I'm only playing till september, so I'm just taking my time and not worrying about it. :biggrin:

Farfar

Postby Farfar » Tue May 15, 2007 2:10 pm

Hey :D

lvl cap?

days week years to lvl?

and is it fun?

does it take alot of time to learn?

Tobi
i had alot of chars

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Tue May 15, 2007 3:30 pm

The game just isn't going anywhere, I think most people who are playing have TIME and the "Wait and See" Attitude just for a change of pace. The games combat system is pretty bad, and they pretty much force you to do "Kill X of this" quests to level. It also copied the FFXI Skill Chain system (Renkei) and has a eq2 feel for group combat and mobs.

The class mix is like 6 classes. and people who say the gfx are good are pretty much lieing. While the Clouds, textures are decent, The art and models are pretty bad. It also feels like your on Roller skates trying to go around corners etc..

The only thing they offer to the MMO world; which is kind of neat is a storyline and video breaks in between the main questline you follow. Not what I would want to stick my time into unless they have some amazing Raiding or PvP system. But right now it looks very VERY grim.

and YES I bought the game and sold my founders key and made money off it haha SUCKERS!

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 pm

cap is 50. Leveling speed is average. There are 50s already. If you played casual from release, you'd be in the 30s probably. Quick learning and fun imo. I'm having fun but then again I havent played a mmo since daoc 2 years ago. I'm not hardcore anymore and don't really care if the end game turns out to suck. Only playing till September so it's something to do during the summer in my free time.

p.s. Ting is a negative nancy

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Wed May 16, 2007 12:43 am

I'm enjoying it so far but I've only been playing about a week. I don't know why Ting is down on the combat, I've played a Champion and a Loremaster and they both seem pretty interesting. I've also heard there isn't much of an endgame, but I'm having a good time playing it now and thats what counts to me. If you are a hardcore I wanna power through this shit to be the first person to see the uber content and grow my epeen (*cough cough* Ting) this game probably isn't for you.

:P
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:17 am

Supreem wrote:I'm enjoying it so far but I've only been playing about a week. I don't know why Ting is down on the combat, I've played a Champion and a Loremaster and they both seem pretty interesting. I've also heard there isn't much of an endgame, but I'm having a good time playing it now and thats what counts to me. If you are a hardcore I wanna power through this shit to be the first person to see the uber content and grow my epeen (*cough cough* Ting) this game probably isn't for you.

:P

QFT lol. Heres a recent quote from a Q&A for the developers.

"*LBeff* Question: How often are there going to be large updates like the one coming up on June?
LOTRO_Patience - Hey LBeff. :D We don't want to release the schedule, because sometimes things slip and we get angry mobs outside our doors, but we have a Live team who's dedicated to bringing regular content updates. We have some pretty cool things in store already for the next two, which are already in the works. Suffice to say, we'll try to keep the players supplied with content.
LOTRO_Patience - When I say "the players," btw, I don't mean the ones who power their way through the game - nobody can keep up with those guys. :) But for players who play at a more average pace? We'll try to plan for them."

Return to “Gaming Discussion”