For those in WAR Beta...

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Eirene
Ass Jammer

For those in WAR Beta...

Postby Eirene » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:42 am

I have some questions...is it possible to have a seperate board for those Q's?

I was on vacation last week...and I played a bit of WAR Beta...

1) How to turn down the graphics? ATM, I can't play it because I lag so bad and warp around mobs...constantly die @ level 4. It's pretty frustrating. (My computer is a AMD 4800 Dual Core, with Nvidia GForce 6150)
2) My monitor flickers (fades into black) when I go into another zone (aka lvl 5 zone). I have no other problems with other games. (WoW, DAoC) I have a Samsung 19in flat screen.
3) Is it possible to create your own user-interface? Everytime I want to "buff" myself, it covers my morale skills. Is it possible to move the buff bar? and how?
4) I'm a god-damn clicker :p. Half of time time, I like to click the UI bar to target myself or others in a party? This game you have to physically target yourself. Can this be changed? Do you have to make modifications to the keybindings to do so? Relating to point #1, I play a runepriest and I can heal myself briefly but lag and warping around kills it.

At this point, I'm so frustrated with the game that I just don't want to play it. Any tips or assistance is appreciated.
The message buck stops here.

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:01 am

-can't turn down the graphics yet.
-try playing in window mode
-can't create your own UI yet, but to assist yourself for targeting the key command is F1 to self target
-the runepirts bar is bugged ATM with the buff system, also the Dwarf side of the game is about 50% compared to the greenskin side of the game.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Re: For those in WAR Beta...

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:15 pm

Eirene wrote:I have some questions...is it possible to have a seperate board for those Q's?

I was on vacation last week...and I played a bit of WAR Beta...

1) How to turn down the graphics? ATM, I can't play it because I lag so bad and warp around mobs...constantly die @ level 4. It's pretty frustrating. (My computer is a AMD 4800 Dual Core, with Nvidia GForce 6150)
2) My monitor flickers (fades into black) when I go into another zone (aka lvl 5 zone). I have no other problems with other games. (WoW, DAoC) I have a Samsung 19in flat screen.
3) Is it possible to create your own user-interface? Everytime I want to "buff" myself, it covers my morale skills. Is it possible to move the buff bar? and how?
4) I'm a god-damn clicker :p. Half of time time, I like to click the UI bar to target myself or others in a party? This game you have to physically target yourself. Can this be changed? Do you have to make modifications to the keybindings to do so? Relating to point #1, I play a runepriest and I can heal myself briefly but lag and warping around kills it.

At this point, I'm so frustrated with the game that I just don't want to play it. Any tips or assistance is appreciated.

I reopened Den of Gimps for the beta testers so we could talk w/o breaking the NDA. Well Barbos can see everything but he doesnt count :P
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:49 pm

IF someone would get me in the beta, it wouldn't matter :bigups:

You should upgrade the videocard... it's not going to last you long anyway. Something to consider at least :onfire:
Last edited by barbos on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:54 pm

I gamed very hard over the last 18 months and to be quite honest I'm enjoying not gaming.

OK Bulor, Phineas and Kim are in.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:30 pm

I'm not having problems with my video card on any other game. It's just this particular beta.

There is nothing in the game itself that allows you to tune down the graphics.
The message buck stops here.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:26 pm

I'm sure... I was just pointing out that it is reaching the end of it's life, especially being such a low-end card. You will soon reach a point where games will be using technology that just won't work well on the card at all, even at the lowest settings.

Just something to keep in mind while trying out wow-replacements. I'm running into the same situation myself. :huh:

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:27 pm

next gen games.. and WaR is on the low end of the next gen games it still using ver old tech.
just be happy your not in the AoC beta.. the graphics for that one are heavy
DAOC-SOLD

Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)

WOW-SOLD

Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:41 pm

Supreem got in the beta and now sees the boards. I'm going to be out of town next week just FYI. Cooperate training for the snooze and lose.

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:31 pm

Fuck yea I always been a gimp at heart anyways. I havent had much time to play the beta so I dont have really anything constructive to say yet =)
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Hyla
Incompetent To0l

War

Postby Hyla » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:34 am

I just stated playing and had some major grafics issues with 8800 gtx. My character is Naegleria dwarf caster
Hyla Crucifer 50 Healer Merlin
Hellishfiend 50 Shaman Merlin
Desmognathus 50 Enchanter Mordred
Cryptobranchus 50 Champion Pallomides
Phyllobates 42 Theur Lamorak
Asonder 50 Sorcerer Lamorak

Return to “Gaming Discussion”