WAR release date..

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
felix
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

WAR release date..

Postby felix » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:39 pm

What is the official release date at the moment?..AND do you think they will push it again like AoC?
Felixus - Sorcerer - R7LX - Merlin
Felixus - Hero - 5L0 - Mordred
Felixia - Inf - 9LX - <Lone> Lamorak
Felix - Shaman - BleedingHollow ( R.I.P.)
and many more!

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Q1 of 2008 is the planned release date, March maybe? But I dunno, i've heard some people believe it still has some work to be done and it might not make it. Only a question Mythic and maybe beta people would be able to answer.
Kandar/Hamback

felix
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby felix » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:18 am

outch! Still 6 months to wait... I gues I will stick to daoc till then ( holly rollers to come back yea yea :bigups: )
Felixus - Sorcerer - R7LX - Merlin

Felixus - Hero - 5L0 - Mordred

Felixia - Inf - 9LX - <Lone> Lamorak

Felix - Shaman - BleedingHollow ( R.I.P.)

and many more!

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:50 pm

I've not heard of anyone that thinks the game will be ready then...then again most people happy with a game won't break the NDA, so who knows.

Unfortunatly, we need to distinguish between "will the game be ready to release" and "will it be released". This is an EA run game, and with great apologies to Sup/Ad, they have a horrid reputation with releasing unfinished games, more so than any other large developer. Or they could pull a UO2 and just wait until it is almost done and cancel the entire project (and then do this again the second time they attempt to develop UO2).
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:55 pm

That being said sadly EA has more of a reputation then Mythic has atm. I mean honestly they drove their flagship game into the ground. They say they have learned from their "mistakes" but they are the only MMO company I have seen with a total disregard of customer service and amazingly slow response at content and game patches. .

Let also not forget about Mythic pulling the plug on Imperator. Fact is Mark Jacobs promised big things and just flat out didn't deliver. Everyone in the industry knows it, and he's reputation is almost laughable. He's lost all his key players that made DAOC a success including the Executive Producer (Matt Firor) halfway threw production!! (Btw has his own new studio this month called ZeniMax Online Studios, LLC Go Matt!) Mark Jacobs cashed out to EA by buying the Warhammer License. Props for him thinking he can compete with WOW, but again it's time to deliver, and with EA it just might happen. They have the lackeys and the Marketing PR to at least get people to buy the box after that it's a toss up whether WOW will make a improved PvP System that 1up's WAR or if they manage somehow to find a nitch in their "RvR" 2 realm system. Only time will tell.. but i do agree if they can't make a decent product come Q1 2008 heads will roll. My money is on EA absorbing mythic after a giant backlash once they can make production quotas. I cetainly hope I eat my words cause I hate WOW but I know mythic :)

Return to “Gaming Discussion”