WAR Closed Beta Servers being taken down for 2 months?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

WAR Closed Beta Servers being taken down for 2 months?

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:50 pm

DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:06 pm

:toothy10: Well they did this back in march for a month or so also...I'm assuming they had this planned out from the start.

Seems logical that they would shutdown the servers to revamp some of the issues that became apparent during the last few months in beta, and come back up a few months from release with a smoother running game that can host guilds and larger audiences.

I'm pissed but only because I haven't been in Beta at all....imo it's probably a good thing. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:32 pm

Imagine being the guy who was one of the 10 out of half a million people who got in for the October Newsletter only to be told they are taking the servers down 7 days later for 2 months.... OWNED SIR OWNED...

Mythic - "Yea we don't want this to be the next Dark and Light so were taking the servers down.. and thank you for your wonderful feedback, and never mind about that guy waiving the giant red flag behind me he is there to draw peoples attention to what a great game we've been telling everyone were making. Last but certainly not least were now hiring Senior Executive Producer for Warhammer Online! Be sure to check the herald for more details!

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:01 pm

When the beta reopens, we look forward to welcoming back all of our current testers, as well as many new faces. Shortly after re-opening the doors, we will be inviting the first wave of guilds into the beta to really get things rolling.

http://www.warhammerherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=78

Return to “Gaming Discussion”