wow advice

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

wow advice

Postby Nilbert500 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:26 am

I'm currently on my winter break and found out some rl friends are playing wow on Anetheron horde, quite shocking as they aren't the mmo gamer types. So I'm thinking about playing until February when I leave for study abroad in Australia, just because I got nothing to do at home. They are playing a mage, rogue, and a warlock. What class should I play if I wanna do some dmg, but help heal enough to get some quests done. Also be able to solo quests, and maybe have a chance in the battle grounds. What craft should I take up too. I played the trial about a year ago and got a rogue and hunter to 19, so I know a little. I don't need burning crusade I assume, since it's mainly for 60-70 correct?
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:17 am

Shaman or Shadow Priest. If you go damage spec with either you won't really heal well, you can heal but it won't be great.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:47 pm

I can say that Shaman is an incredibly versatile class. Jen and I have been playing one since day one and I do enjoy the class. As far as healing, a resto shaman is very solid but any non restoration spec is going to be utterly pathetic at healing. With all the daily quests available at 12g a pop you could respec weekly if you had to. Then it would be a matter of gearing for different specs.
Cthulhu - 50 ML6 - Shadowblade - Merlin (Un-Retired)
Cliibhlibh - 50 ML6 - Shaman - Merlin(Ya I actually RvR with him)
Nosthu - 50 ML3 - Zerk - Merlin
Mosthula - 50 - Minstrel - Albion Lamorak (Retired)
Mosthula - 50 - Lurikeen Champ - Mordred (Retired)

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:53 pm

also keep in mind this will be very casual play. I don't plan on coming even close to level 70. Just doing some casual leveling and a little of the battlegrounds.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:20 am

By far my favorite class is Druid, because it is so dang versatile. You can melee dps (cat), tank (Bear), range dps (more so at higher levels) and heal.

It is a bit slower than some other classes until 20, when you get cat form, then it is just fun to rest of the way to me. You can always pop out to heal when needed. Solo's well and can fit a wide variety of roles in a group, without having to respec each time (at least until really high level where you might not cut it as a tank if not specced that way, etc).
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:39 pm

ok trying to figure out if I like druid/sham now. Another question, what would be a great leveling/pvp duo on Alliance?

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:10 pm

having now a bunch of 70s, as of this moment a lawlirror.

Im going to say the most fun I have had bar non was as a feral druid. I was able to MT most of the content in my spec, I was able to OT, With my healing kit at 1600 I was able to heal (not great but months ago I was 3rd healer for nightbane) And pvp in 1 spec.

So in summation if you want to DPS/Tank/PVP all in 1 spec especially now with instant powershifting id say druid. Its not the greatest at anything but a good druid pretty much steam rolls anything, well least I never had an issue. I have been running into alot of ferals with my war and non of them shift they just stay in cat and get embaressed.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:09 pm

so how should I start speccing my druid, from level 10 on? :D

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:33 pm

is there any all in one UI like Derida for DAOC?

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:27 pm

if ur not planning on hitting 60 even though u can do it in like a month casually which is 2 hours a day ish

a druid is ur best bet..played well they really have no weakness other than they cant dispel..

just stay feral and u will be happy...if u plan on healing for dungeons u better duo spec..but even then anything before 60 and the gear that comes with it will not make a huge diff
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:55 pm

There are so many UI mods for WoW you can pretty much make it do whatever you could possibly want. There are all-in-one type mods but you'll probably get the best UI by mixing and matching. Getting X-Perl might be a good place to start if you want a mod that can alter many aspects of the UI, but it's just the one I use not necessarily the best.

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:30 pm

little update, I'm playing on frostmane as a 39hunter currently. Had some more questions, do people start grouping at at all at a certain level. So far I been soloing which I dont mind, was curious if there is any point where people start grouping more.

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:15 pm

technically if u know what ur doing ur better of soloing ESPECIALLY as a hunter..but if ur bored or find interest in group shit it takes place mostly when u initiate it..if ur looking to get decent gear i would say it starts to make a good difference at 39ish with SM and beyond before that it just helps grinding after that certain pieces IE weapons for u make a good diff in farming questing etc

if u do group up expect alot of idiots though once in a blue moon you will find someone who is smart and they dont need to say a word so u can see that
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Return to “Gaming Discussion”