Conqueror in PvP/PvE

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Sirion
Ass Jammer

Conqueror in PvP/PvE

Postby Sirion » Sun May 11, 2008 1:44 pm

During the PvP funtime the other day, did any of you beta participants see anything that you would deem "sweet" from any conquerors DW or 2h? I'm still trying to decide between Barb and Conq, and, while I've read the pvp forum on the AoC community site, I'm not getting much out of it.

Some people say the dps sucked, some say it was awesome. Most say they felt the class was especially soft for a Soldier, and one guy said his ranger had 1k+ health while his Conq. only had like 900. I assume, as the armor and health of the Conqueror surpasses the Barb/assassin or whatever by a respectable amount, they will become more viable, but I want to make sure that I'm going to be playing a class that's worth playing. We only look to have 2 or 3 people planning on a tank, so I think we'll end up needing at least one more...
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Sun May 11, 2008 1:59 pm

I didn't play one at 20, just up to 13. It was definently more DPS than the other soldiers. But the lack of shield will probably hurt it as a PvE tank.

My ranger did have 1k hps (1100'ish at 24, not sure what it started with). I want to say my Guardian had around 1200 at 20? But he got some ability that reduced his HP's but buffed his DPS.

From what I've read on DW vs 2H, is that DW is all about DPS, 2H has knockback/stuns in the style. Remember tho you can switch between 2 weapon layouts instantly, so you will be using both. Just depends on your feat layout where you focus I guess. Knock them down with your big hammer than smack em with your 2 swords.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun May 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Yeah, I made feat builds for 2h and DW with a conq. if most of the battles are pretty large scale, I think the AoE damage a 2hander will put out is probably going to outdo the DWing dmg. The stuns and knockbacks are just icing on the cake.

I heard barbs were pretty soft for big/larger scale fights, which helps the choice a little bit. I'm not hardpressed on endgame tanking, OTing is fine, dps is also fine, I just want to make sure I don't end up in a place where the class is pretty much deemed worthless as a whole and never get into groups to do anything.

I think I'll still end up making both classes, and just deciding as we go along which one I'm going to play the most.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”