Server Choice for launch.

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Server Choice for launch.

Postby Zeratulx » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:47 am

http://www.gw2guilds.org/guilds/us

Seems to be a good resource for who's going where. My guild, CYT will be going to one of the following servers:

Jade Quarry
Sorrow's Furnace
Fort Aspenwood
Crystal Desert
Gate of Madness

Have you guys been doing any research as to where you want to land?
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm still up in the air. I may hop in with PRX after Snufs invitation, I remember their old daoc alliance. Looks like they are set on Gates of Madness.

Other than that from what I've read on guru and mmo-champ, many of the stronger pvp guilds are looking at Fort Aspenwood, Sorrow's Furnace, and Gates of Madness.

Just noticed theya re having a stress test tomorrow! Yay! gonna elave work early! :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:52 pm

lucky ducky, im stick at my job fuck that place.

I've been eyeing Fort Aspen (been there since beta)
Sea of sorrows (hate them)
or
Gates of Madness

Im probably going to take my band of misfits to wherever the majority of bwc decides to lay they head at.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Our guys will roll with the majority of BWC. My only concern is that we select a server with people that really want to focus on WvW (hence my previous assertion that we want to end up on a server with old DAoC vets). If PRX is going Gates of Madness with an alliance that is predetermined to win at WvW, that might be a good place to start, and it's also one of the servers on Zera's guild's list.

Jade Quarry and Sorrow's Furnace were both original DAoC vet servers, but I don't know how that ended up in the beta, I'm also not 100% sure the servers will be staying the same during launch (they took some servers away last BWE, right?).
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Elfdroper Gravelender wrote:Other than that from what I've read on guru and mmo-champ, many of the stronger pvp guilds are looking at Fort Aspenwood, Sorrow's Furnace, and Gates of Madness.

The benefit of following guilds like that to servers like those is that they will likely be large servers good populations and you know that they are going to be working on WvW. The problem with them is in the fact that the WvW zones are limited in the amount of players they can accommodate per world, which means if the world is too populated, then you may have to queue in to WvW (unless they have changed this since the last thing I read).

Of course the opposite is true of smaller servers, unless the entirety of the server is really pushing for WvW (which isn't likely).

In any event, I'm down to join whichever server you guys want to go to as a majority. Most of the guys that I play with that hate high pop servers won't be playing GW2 anyways, so we have no issues with server population. Also note, as of checking that page today, Titan Alliance (and subsequently all of the guilds associated with it, which includes PRX) has not yet chosen a server, so I'm not sure if Snuf's info about PRX is really prefacing an alliance decision that isn't being posted so early (perhaps to curtail bandwagoners from jumping to the server) or if the decision hasn't yet been finalized.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:20 am

Sirion wrote:Our guys will roll with the majority of BWC. My only concern is that we select a server with people that really want to focus on WvW (hence my previous assertion that we want to end up on a server with old DAoC vets). If PRX is going Gates of Madness with an alliance that is predetermined to win at WvW, that might be a good place to start, and it's also one of the servers on Zera's guild's list.

Jade Quarry and Sorrow's Furnace were both original DAoC vet servers, but I don't know how that ended up in the beta, I'm also not 100% sure the servers will be staying the same during launch (they took some servers away last BWE, right?).

I talked to Nailzz and KGB on vent last night and Nailzz is looking forward to seeing some of the people we played AoC with. Let us know, were planning on running with the Reso guys and I agree world pvp is where it's at in GW2. There are a bunch of good arena or spvp type games out already.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

War:Cat/Rat/Bird
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby War:Cat/Rat/Bird » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:34 am

Hi all,

Been a while (8 years out of this gaming world)...if anyone still remember me...

Count me in for GW2!
Let me know which server you guys gonna be :D

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:12 am

I just read the info page for the Titan Alliance on the gw2g.org site, I think that what they are planning on doing is pretty much exactly what we used to do in DAoC in BWC, and I think that we will probably have the most fun if we try to get into whatever server they are rolling on, assuming everyone here is legitimately interested in WvW first, s/tPvP second. I will almost assuredly play on whichever server they decide to play on because, if they live up to what they write, then they seem to be interested in being "professional" in regards to how they treat the people they play with, in or out of the alliance, and their goal is pretty much explicitly structured around WvW.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:55 am

Sounds good. Now for Zera to push his guild hard to go Gates of Madness.

Hey War, I remember you. I played Lawdog/Ugnot in DAoC.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:28 pm

We are watching that alliance heavily. If Snuf would kindly give us the confirmed server choice that PRX/Titan Alliance is rolling on they could gain about +100 more wvw bodies for the cause.

War:Cat/Rat/Bird
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby War:Cat/Rat/Bird » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Lawdog i remember u too!

and yes WvW first PvP 2nd :)
how many of us are gonna be in GW2?

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:57 am

Looking at the servers that are in Zera's list as being the ones that have been the most notoriously talked about from what I've seen, I'm hoping we end up on Gate of Madness or Fort Aspenwood. Crystal Desert and Jade Quarry both have substantially more guilds signed up for them, and Sorrow's Furnace's three largest guilds (declared) are all Spanish.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 am

Those are the 4 I was looking at. As well Sir,

I'm leaning towards The Titan Alliance, and Gates of Madness looks like a perfect fit. Just waiting to hear back on an application I made before I decide what I am doing.
[glow=blue]

A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject

and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:44 am

My guild is meeting tonight to make the final decision. I will post it as soon as I find out tonight. Does no one know where TA is going?
Last edited by Zeratulx on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:27 pm

I checked the PRX forums this morning and saw two interesting things: 1) people from Arsenal from way back on Mid/Merlin are apping for the guild (11 of them I think); 2) according to the post, in which the guy from Arsenal actually asked which server PRX was going to end up on, the alliance had not yet made a decision.

If you really have a large guild, and they are really interesting primarily in WvW, and they want to be leaders of an alliance, then FA or GoM are their best bets. If you are trying to join TA, then you won't be able to pick a server until they do, and as of this morning they hadn't yet. My assumption is that they will do GoM or FA if they are sticking to the servers you listed. They could totally throw everyone for a loop and pick a random lesser pop'd server since they really want to dominate the WvW for that particular server, and it could be hard to work with other large alliances (like the ones on Jade Quarry and Crystal Desert).
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”