So hows GW2?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

So hows GW2?

Postby TrollFunk » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:25 am

Soooo, how is the game?. I didn't wanna pre-order in case it turned out to be another round of AoC and SW:Tor that barely held my interests for a month.

Hows WvW, PvP, dynamics, flow, classes, combat, A-Z really :D....Damnit, tell this is what will give a Pvp'er his fix and not some dumb shit that's half done.

Twysty, i expect a full review of the game in glorified detail that would shame the best gamespot review and yet make it eligible for a post on the onion.com within two weeks time, Zera and Sirion can co-write the review :bigups:

P.s

Question: Is the Deluxe edition worth the extra shit or is it just that, shit for money?.

Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill
Miniature Rytlock
Golem Banker
Chalice of Glory
Tome of Influence
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:47 am

WvW is the shit. And surprisingly I absolutely love the pve in this game. Stuff actually requires thought to kill.

I got the regular edition:p
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Other than long ques for WvW, its really good.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Zuldar
Respectable Gimp

Postby Zuldar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Don't bother with the deluxe, its not worth the extra cash dished out since you only get those items on your first character made.

They have some work ahead of them fixing some bugs with a few of their systems like the auction house and mail system. And if you find a bug, don't abuse it they are banning like crazy already for even small economy bugs.

The wvwvw when you can get into it is well worth the game itself. Even if you can't get into that you can usually get into one of the other pvp battles going on without too much of a wait. Everyone is 80 for pvp and can set up their gear the way they want with whatever armor/weapons they want so you don't have the gear checks in most other mmo games like swtor right now, if you don't have gladiator gear your gonna get raped.

The pve is really amazing, they deserve alot of props for the feel of that part of the game. I was working on my personal story quest yesterday which i'm way behind on so i'm in zones below my level. I was heading to one of the quest spots when I come across one of the major zone events. With this game I wasn't godly being 20 levels above the creature, I was lowered to its level so I was there fighting along side all the other masses of people fighting this giant dragon and having a blast. When it was over I got some really nice experience and loot even with not being there for the rest of the fight leading up to that. I hadn't explored this zone before so I ended up doing a bunch more events and small impromptu quests along the way.
Currently Zulcatt.4782 in GW2

Formerly: Zulcatt the Sage in Asheron's Call and Ultima Online
Zuldar/Zulcatt/Zli/Unfragged/Isosceles in DAOC
Zul' the jedi in SWG
Zulcatt/Zulkatt/Zul in WOW and Rift and SWTOR
All retired

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:58 am

I'm having a lot of fun. The only person that's gotten in touch with me in game has been elf, so we ended up going with the smaller guild. We are all enjoying pve, wvw, spvp less so, but tpvp more so. Spvp with 8v8s feels too zergy on those small maps. Especially with the lack of dedicated healers/dispellers.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:22 am

Yea I spoke with Sirion the other day and saw Zera during some WvW this weekend but didn't get a chance to say Hi. I think the guild system is still messed up because I can't seem to talk to anyone in my guild...lol.

Gates of MAdness is coming along now though some goood players here for sure.l
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:59 pm

The more I play the more I like the game. I keep peeling away layers of content I hadn't experienced in any other MMO. GoM was 'locked full' the first night and I lost a few nights due to account lock so I got off to a bit of a late start. I had to pick up my retail box to unlock the account and this week was busy as hell. Sirion, can you get us a /ginvite? I've been looking for you bro but have only seen Chubz and Ceregon. I even hoped into your vent Sunday but only saw Jim and a few others.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Gaming Discussion”