ati x850x

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Gorilla
Tripped Off the Short Bus

ati x850x

Postby Gorilla » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:37 am

Anyone know if there is a documented problem when running this game regarding ati x850x videocards

my problem is the game crashes out of no where and the only person out of my whole group of 9 friends crashing is me. and they have slower less expensive pcs. i was wonderin if there is something i dont know about the card, or if anyone is running into the same problem.

i thoughti was just crashing on mp games but i just now crashed during the tutorial and singplayer version of the game. any info for you techies that could help you help me ill try to get asap.
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:32 pm

Make sure it's not getting overheated... check the fans and make sure they are spinning well and that there's not a lot of dust in it.

Also might try updating drivers.

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:40 pm

yeah other than the facti heard a rumor that the all in wonders do not get a proper fan i havent ever run into this problem. i ran bf2 on pretty high settings when i first got it for like 10 hours a day for days and days. and then now i get crashes on this game and archlord randomly.

is there upgrade fans i can buy for my card or should i go for a full blown new card?

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:59 am

yes i have the same problem, basiclly.. the card is crap and overheats like insane.

you can try to put new/more fans on it, but it wont really do the job.

what i did was simple.. i gave the card away to some lil kid that wants to play bf2.

the kid set up his computer in front (directly in front, like side of the box open and pressed to fit) of the AC in his room. anytime he turns the computer on, he turns on the AC.. and no more problems to be found.

come winter the kids life is gonna suck much.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:37 pm

well now i just played a full game of the supposed game that makes me crash for like an hour and i had no probs

weird shit but i think imma upgrade cards anyhow

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”