Who still plays DAoC?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Ceregon
Guild Drunk

Who still plays DAoC?

Postby Ceregon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Like the title says, who still plays? I haven't placed since early 2009. Sirion and I both played for a few months then lost interest due to raiding in WoW.

Ever since I started playing GW2 I have had the urge to reactivate my Healer account and my buffbot account just to mess around a little bit.
Bored.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 am

I agree, i feel like gw2 pvp is missing something that daoc's had, but daoc's probably has less players and definitely an old ui and movement system. I say daoc may have less pvp players than gw2, rather than definitely, because last time i checked ywain had something like 2000 players, on the best day in gw2 you won't see more than 1400 in wvw if all four borderlands are full. On average there are much much less.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 am

Fuck all that I found my next game -

Farming noobs - bitchs dont know bout ma plow skillz yo
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm keeping an eye on eso, but if February's "wvw patch" isn't glorious, it really will be back to daoc if you want good open world pvp.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Ceregon
Guild Drunk

Postby Ceregon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Yeah there was more RVR last time I played DAoC on Ywain then there was back when we used to play.

Jason, did you figure out what your old login information was for DAoC?
Bored.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Ceregon wrote:Yeah there was more RVR last time I played DAoC on Ywain then there was back when we used to play.

Jason, did you figure out what your old login information was for DAoC?

Nah, I would have to start over. I lost that stuff a long long time ago.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:47 pm

That would be fine anyways, the shit you had is probably worthless with the exception of realm ranks. Leveling is ridiculously fast, less than a week to 50.I've heard add little as 24 hours. I don't even know if i remember my information after tor
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Ceregon
Guild Drunk

Postby Ceregon » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 am

Not really dude. If Jason was in full SC armor then that might be a bitch to get again. See when we went back in 09 we were lucky enough to get all the dragon armor before they nerfed how easy it was to obtain. Anyways leveling is retarded fast especially if you do it in battlegrounds.
Bored.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 am

Could be true, but he could always activate Kim's account to sc his armor, I'm pretty sure her healer was a lgmsc. Either way, we got that shit easy with two, I'm sure it would be easier with three.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 am

Sirion wrote:Could be true, but he could always activate Kim's account to sc his armor, I'm pretty sure her healer was a lgmsc. Either way, we got that shit easy with two, I'm sure it would be easier with three.

Her account is much more godly then any of mine ever were. I believe she may have been the first ML10 in the game (all servers), I know she was the first ML9. My first account I sold and my Skald account I had 99% grade SC but it was my first template ever in a game and it was not perfect. If she didn't sell perhaps I'll just play her healer.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Even if she did sell just try to log in and call with the secret word, if someone bought it ten years ago, i highly doubt they are still playing it.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:31 am

This crazy Scandinavian is almost bored to death with Planetside 2, Mechwarrior Online, and all that crap. I saw this post and woah, trip down memory lane like i wouldn't believe.

Remember all the hours i spent bitchin' bout Emain Macha because my ISP gave me a slow ass speed to play with, 10 years later, i'd like to see how that goes around now with 50mbit.

I was even bored enough to venture onto DAOC's website in some vague attempt to get my log in info back, never did sell my account for The Trollfunkiest Skjald in Midgard.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Ceregon
Guild Drunk

Postby Ceregon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:46 am

Yeah I found it kinda a PITA to link my Mythic DAoC account information to the EA account. Once I got all that squared away I was able to link my buffbot account with my main account. Now I am pretty much ready to roll, once I pay for a subscription.

Still waiting to hear on Sirion, Twyst and whoever else to see what the plan is. I plan to play regardless if they do, however I will still be playing GW2 primarily.
Bored.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 am

I won't commit to it until i see how the Feb patch shakes out for gw2. With daoc still being p2p, if i resub it would be my primary game, with gw2 available when i can't find good fights in daoc. Once i see how the population shakes out next month and how good the changes are, I'll have a better idea of which game I'll prefer.

Edit: well, that's a little untrue, I'll likely still prefer daoc, but if the changes bring gw2 pvp close enough to daoc's, and the population stabilizes or increases, then there may be no reason to switch back. (I'm not holding my breath for gw2 anymore though, honestly)
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:23 am

I talked to Rob (Zera) and he said no way about DAoC. I'm with Chris about waiting until the Feb PvP patch in GW2.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”